Last Updated: May, 2015
- Excelleris is accountable to protect the privacy of the personal information in our care.
- Excelleris trains its employees to follow written privacy policies and operational procedures, and also performs ongoing reviews of our privacy practices.
- Excelleris does not collect personal information for its own purposes other than the maintenance of employee records.
- Personal information is collected only as directed by the customers to whom it is providing services as an agent under a Customer Service Agreement or Information Sharing Agreement.
- The responsibility for obtaining the consent of an individual for collection, use, and disclosure of an individual’s personal information is that of the customer disclosing the personal information to Excelleris.
- A second circumstance for consent is communication with end-users for purposes other than receiving and accessing personal health information. The Canada Anti-Spam Legislation requires there be an opt-in consent by individuals to receive electronic communications other than for certain exceptions. Excelleris has adopted opt-in consent for my ehealth subscribers to receive communications about participation in focus, groups, etc.
Excelleris collects only the personal information that we need in order to fulfill the intended use of the personal information. This information is collected by fair and lawful means and as prescribed under binding agreements.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- Excelleris uses or discloses personal information only for identified purposes, or with the consent of the individual, or as permitted or required by law.
- Excelleris retains this information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes.
Excelleris works with customers to ensure the original source of personal information provided to Excelleris is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as possible to be used for the identified purposes.
Excelleris has appropriate physical, technical and procedural safeguards in place to protect Personal Information.
Excelleris provides and maintains publicly accessible information about our privacy practices.
- As Excelleris does not directly collect Personal Information, it is not responsible for responding to an individual’s request for access to one’s information.
- Excelleris forwards requests for access to Personal Information by an individual to the data stewards from which the Personal Information was originally disclosed to Excelleris.
- Individuals may direct concerns regarding Excelleris’ compliance with these principles to our Privacy Office. Reported concerns will be investigated and we will reply to each request.
- Excelleris remains firmly committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of the Personal Information in our care.
For further information:
Excelleris Privacy Office:
200-3500 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC V5C 2W7
Privacy – Related Links
Privacy Legislation and Oversight Authorities
Relevant legislation: Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA)
Overseen by: Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
P.O. Box 9038, Stn. Prov. Govt.
Victoria, BC V8W 9A4